Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the principles and processes through which the knowledge and skills of a person are made visible, mediated and assessed for the purposes of alternative access and admission, recognition and certification, or further learning and development.
SAMRA implements Recognition of Prior Learning in order to ensure that professionals in the insights industry can, through assessment, obtain access to professional qualification assessments, within the ambit of SAMRA as the Assessment Quality Partner and professional body for the insights industry, based on their knowledge, skills and experience (i.e. competence) and as required for a qualification. Thus, the main purpose of RPL is to facilitate access, providing an alternative route to qualification assessments for those who do not meet the formal entry requirements.
If a competent person wants to apply for the SSIQA, but does not have the prerequisite formal statement of results, s/he can apply to undergo a recognition of prior learning assessment, in order to become eligible to apply for the SSIQA.
The RPL process is as follows:
- Complete the SSIQA Entry RPL Application online, and pay the application fee.
- Collate all existing evidence relevant for the RPL Application.
- Generate all new evidence relevant for the RPL Application.
- Submit all evidence for assessment of the RPL Application.
- Receive feedback about the result of the RPL assessment.
- Should you not agree with the result of the RPL assessment, you can lodge an appeal with the SAMRA office.
- Receive the statement of the result of the RPL Application.
- If the applicant is successful, the normal SSIQA application process can commence.
Submit an application for Recognition of Prior Learning below. You have to register for the SSIQA first, to be eligible to complete the RPL application form.