Thank you very much in anticipation for your contribution to this study on the Market Research Industry in 2016. As in previous years, the ESOMAR study aims to collate key data and information on the market research industry, on a worldwide basis, and we would greatly value your response to this survey. It provides very valuable information on the evolution of our industry.
Please find below an overview of the survey structure and the topics on which we would wish to have your input:
- Organisation size and industry landscape
- Sources of turnover by type of client, research method, research design and project type
- A control check of 2015 market research turnover
- Expectations for 2017
When you have made your calculations, please submit your data in the online questionnaire below. If you have any questions on the study, please contact Leonie Vorster (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for submissions is 5 July 2017. Participation is free, and participants who submit a complete data set receive a free copy of the local results when we submit the data to ESOMAR for analysis.
Please feel free to distribute the questionnaire (also to SAMRA non-members).
With many thanks in advance for your help in this important study!
Leonie Vorster, Chief Executive Officer: Southern African Marketing Research Association (NPC)
WHAT TO INCLUDE:
NB: This survey is for organisations operating from South Africa. However, if you are not operating from South Africa but would like to see this study being done in your country, please get in touch and we will see what we can do.
In the first section, you are asked to provide the total amount of market research turnover in your country. The total should include both primary and secondary market research. For the purpose of this survey, we define primary market research (including passive and social media research) as research that is ‘new’ or ‘original’ that collects data from source in order to answer a question or gain more understanding of a specific issue. Secondary research involves the compilation and analysis of previously collected or published information, which can then be used to answer a question or gain more understanding of a specific issue.
The total should also cover all work that is commissioned to be undertaken by research providers in South Africa either by clients inside South Africa or clients based in other countries. This includes international projects managed by companies in South Africa as shown below at question 1a (2015 figures) and 2a (2016 figures).
NBNBNB: Please use the following matrix to confirm what your estimate should include (green) and exclude (red): Type of Service Inclusions and Exclusions 2017 for 2016
SUBMISSION: Please collate a hard copy of your data before submitting online, and make sure that you receive a confirmation email that we have received your online submissions for both Part A and Part B. Sometimes server security settings prevent submission, and we would hate to miss out on your data!
For practical reasons, the survey is divided into two forms/parts below, both of which must be submitted online, separately.
This research is conducted in strict adherence to the ESOMAR and SAMRA Code of Conduct that is available here: http://www.samra.co.za/ethics/code-of-conduct/
- We are not trying to sell or promote anything. This is a market research survey using scientific methods and we promise that, in obtaining your cooperation, we will not mislead you about the nature of the research or how we will make use of the findings.
- The answers you give us will be treated as confidential unless you have given your consent to the contrary. In the relatively few instances where we ask you for permission to pass data on in a form which allows you to be personally identified, we will ensure that the information will be used only for research purposes.
- We will not send you unsolicited mail or pass on your e-mail addresses to others for this purpose. If we want to send you future e-mail, we will ask your explicit permission for this.
- As with all forms of market and opinion research, your cooperation is voluntary at all times. No personal information is sought from or about you, without your prior knowledge and agreement. You are entitled at any stage of the interview/questionnaire, or subsequently, to ask that part or all of the record of your interview/questionnaire be destroyed or deleted. Wherever reasonable and practical we will carry out such a request.
- We try our best not to interview children without first getting the permission of their parents, though we cannot always guarantee this to be the case.
- Our web site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
- Only certain employees have access to the information you provide us. They have access only for data analysis and quality control purposes.
- You can contact us at email@example.com to discuss any problems with this survey.
- You can find out more about us at www.samra.co.za.