MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through several client-facing brands including Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates on the African continent, United Kingdom, and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to improve the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals. Visit us at www.mmiholdings.co.za.
Manage and grow the consumer and market insights facility ensuring it meets ethical research standards and is utilised as a research facility delivering scientific insights to business.</p>
Responsibilities and work outputs
INTERNAL PROCESS:Establish and promote processes & structures specific to the lab environment to enable business to make insights-driven decisions • Actively market the Lab, develop marketing campaigns, liaise with potential internal and external clients to utilise the Lab, sell its capabilities, maintain website, grow the Lab to become a self-sustainable business to MMI.
• Manage all aspects of the MI.ND lab to ensure optimal and responsible use of the internal consumer and market insight facility.
• Adhere to all ethical and physical safety requirements to ensure a safe laboratory and environment.
• Manage various internal and external stakeholders to ensure continued functionality of the facility within regulatory guidelines.
• Identify and pursue new methodologies and source state-of-the-art technologies and equipment to enable cutting edge practices and research.
• Ensure the successful execution of studies and experiments, from set up and validation, interacting with subjects, data collection, troubleshooting hardware issues to completion to provide actionable recommendations and key findings.
• Manage all financial and scheduling responsibilities of the facility and report on usage and cost.
• Use knowledge and experience to assess, establish and maintain conditions which meets research and ethical standards.
• Ensure the successful creation of reports and presentation deliverables to clients to ensure insights meet business requirements.
• Act as trusted advisor to internal stakeholders along with Insights colleagues to advise on research methodology and approaches to answer their research questions.
• Keep abreast of development in the field of neuroscience and qualitative research and represent and adhere to ethical code of conduct for research.
• Identifies, develops and executes best operating practices for the Lab to enable good research practices.
CLIENT SERVICES:Enable clientcentricitywithinarea of responsibility • Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
• Deliver on service level agreements applicable to clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
• Make recommendations to improve client experience within area of responsibility.
• Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
• Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery.
• Drive client service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards in order to ensure that client expectations are met and exceeded
• Manage client query processes and ensure that queries are tracked, accurately resolved and used as a mechanism to improve client service and business processes.
PEOPLE:Self-management and teamwork • Contribute to creating a positive work climate and culture to energise colleagues, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise productivity.
• Contribute to and drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, growth and improvement and cohesiveness.
• Effectively manage your performance within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved.
• Be and encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team
• Take ownership for driving own career development and the career development of team (where applicable).
• Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional and industry knowledge.
FINANCE:</p>Contribute to financial controls and planning • Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
• Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect.
• Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
BUSINESS ACUMENUnderstands how the business operates, what the key issues and risks are that drives business success; and how they impact on the commercial viability of potential ventures and the profitability of the Group.</p>CLIENT COMMITMENTAnticipates, meets and exceeds clients’ needs by creating long lasting relationships that support the client value proposition, supports their financial wellness and ensures client centricity.DRIVE FOR RESULTSDrives a sense of urgency, focus, accountability, agility and execution to deliver business results.LEADS CHANGE AND INNOVATIONActively leads change, does what is right for the business and drives continuous improvement through innovation.COLLABORATIONPrioritises the business interests of MMI and invests in the success of the group by aligning effort across divisions.IMPACT AND INFLUENCEPersuades, convinces, influences and inspires others, both within MMI and externally to win support, loyalty and gain commitment to the purpose of MMI.SELF-AWARENESS AND INSIGHTManages self and relationships with others effectively and provides perspective in difficult situations.DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVENESSIs sensitive to individual and cultural similarities and differences and demonstrates humility and an openness to engage people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.
Experience and Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Marketing, Psychology, Mathematics, Medicine, Neuroscience, Business or related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience managing a comparable facility or business
• Understanding of Neuroscience and related research fields
• Familiarity (and preferably some experience) with EEG, eye-tracking and other biometric measurements.
• Strong entrepreneurial and visionary mindset, tech-savvy and futurist.
We’re looking for someone with
• Analytical thinking
• Sense of urgency
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Interpersonal skills: cross-divisional and cross-culture collaboration. Sensitivity towards working with human subjects.