The following changes to the SAMRA Company Rules were approved at the 2017 AGM:
- Update the research-related roles throughout to read: Market research, social research, opinion polling, data analytics and research-based consulting products and services or any component of these
- Add to the Data collection role under 1.11.5: Interviewer, Moderator, Research Participant Recruiter, Panel/Sample Supplier
- Add to the Data collection role under 1.11.5: Including both primary and secondary data
- Change 1.11.6 to read: SAMRA Honour Roll member whose work resulted in the award of Honorary member status by the SAMRA Board
- Change 2.2 to specify Associate member
Add to 2.6 or from outside the SAMRA Board.
- Change 3.2.1: Organisation Membership Criterion 4. as per the AGM 2013 decision: decrease from 10%, to if 5% of Associate memberships are withdrawn on ethical grounds, the Organisation membership will be withdrawn.
- Change 3.4.2: SAMRA Accredited Fieldworker to SAMRA Accredited Interviewer (Quantitative) (SAIN)
- Remove under 3.4.2: If a Member has been an Associate Member or Independent Member for more than one (1) year immediately preceding the application, the Member may apply for recognition as a SAMRA Accredited Fieldworker.
- Change 3.4.2 SAMRA Accredited Researcher (SAR) to SAMRA Accredited Marketing Researcher (SAR)
- Remove from 6.3 If membership has been terminated by the SAMRA Board
- Add to 220.127.116.11 a) If a hearing is warranted:
- Add to 18.104.22.168 b) If a hearing is not warranted, adjudication will commence with the existing evidence and without holding a hearing.